Tea/Coffee Facilities

Today, I was called to court as a witness for a case which has been adjourned three times in the year and a half since it happened. This was all very exciting to someone who is studying law and I thought it would have been good to see the court from a witness' perspective. I was treating it as a kind of experiment even though it was a real case. However, the excitement was short lived as it was dropped before I could even give evidence and be questioned :( very disappointed!

This post isn't about the case or seeing the court from a witness' point of view, no. This is actually about the lack of tea/coffee facilities in the Aberdeen Justice of the Peace court! I know for a fact that tea/coffee facilities exist in both the Sheriff Court and the High Court Annex. If I recall, they are quite reasonable. Why is it, then, that the Justice of the Peace court do not provide such comforts? I know it is a smaller court, but that is no excuse. There was plenty of space in the witness room for more than just a lavvie and a water dispenser. Come on, now. You can't expect witnesses to sit nervously for hours (potentially) without a good cuppa or a coffee! I think this calls for reform in this area of law ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repost: It has been two years...

Missives: Diploma v Practice